Thursday, March 3, 2011

Rock 'n Roll!

Leo won't pose like this with me!
This pretty much sums it up!
Somerset, pondering life

My baby had a lot of firsts this week. She had her forst bananas and the look on her face was priceless. "Mama, what is this horrible taste, no wait, maybe I like it. I really am unsure of what to do with this flavor." I wish I had caught it on camera.

I went back to work Tuesday night, which left Joe alone to tend to both kids (good job honey)! At bedtime, Somerset was so worked up in her crib that Joe found her turned on her stomach, which means that she rolled over for the first time. We have since caught her in her crib on her belly a few times, she is now officially a roller!!!

She is also giggling now too, but you really have to work for it. This girl is not as easily as amused as her brother, who would laugh at anything. She is just a much more calm spirit than he is.

Often, I will go into Summy's room in the morning or at nap time and find her awake, but just chillin'. Leo never would have done this. He would scream for me to come and get him as soon as he woke up, where as, Somerset will just amuse herself. It's amazing how different their temperaments are.

Leo is almost 3, so we have been trying to figure out what to do for his birthday. I think we will keep the celebration small and just for the family for one more year, but he really wants to go to Chuck E Cheese.

Leo is still being defiant and constantly challenging us with his behavior, but he has such a sweet spirit. He dotes on his sister and he promised me that he would always love her. We really are so blessed to have these two children in our life!

No comments: