Monday, March 7, 2011

My Birthday






Today is my birthday and although getting older is never fun, I am so blessed with my wonderful family, that I can't help but be happy. Joe surprised me with an overnight trip to Pacific City, OR, which is about 2 hours away. It is a very small coastal town, with not much to do, but we love it there! We were also so fortunate to have magnificent weather, which is a rarity for a coastal day in March. We experienced a beautiful sunset and when I woke up this morning, the sky was clear blue, which made our walk to the tide pools very enjoyable.

We decided to only take Somerset, which was much easier. Plus, Leo had a blast hanging with Grandma and Aunt Tiffy. He loves the beach, but probably would have been frustrated that it was too cold to play in the water or stay out for too long. Somerset had so much fun being the center of attention and it was fun to dote on her. We do love the Inn at Cape Kiwanda, so we will try to return with Leo during warmer weather.

As for gifts, I feel so lucky to have received so many wonderful things that make me feel pampered and special. I feel so loved! The best gifts were from Leo, who chose them himself...a candle (mint and basil. Joe said he smelled about 100 candles before he chose that one), a bottle of wine with a bicycle on the label and a gift card to Ulta. The best gift that I could hope for is my 2 beautiful children and my wonderful husband Joe. They make getting older a whole lot more fun!

No comments: