Monday, December 29, 2008

9 Months Old


Leo is now 9 months old and he has advanced so much in just the last few weeks. It is becoming abundantly clear that these photo sessions are getting more and more difficult now that Leo is on the move. He just wants to show off his mobility all the time so it is hard to catch him still. Leo is now a "power crawler." He is so quick, but in addition to crawling, he is now climbing. I thought we would have a transitional period between crawling and climbing, but he seems to have taken on these skills simultaneously. He can now get into the standing position by reaching for objects and pulling himself up. It is so dangerous and very scary to watch, but I know he needs freedom in order to learn, even if it means a few bonks on his head.

Leo has also had a few nights of amazing sleep. He slept from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. last night! That is a record, but it also meant that I had to start my day at 5 a.m. I really can't complain though...if this is a new pattern, Joe and I would be thrilled!

Leo is also a tremendous eater. We have started to give him things like Cheerios and crackers to chew on. He eats about 1 in 10, and plays with the rest, but his hand eye coordination is improving and he is learning to chew very well. Speaking of chew, Leo's left incisor came through. This is a tad out of order since he doesn't have his front (top) two teeth.

On a side note, I just had to get a nude photo of Leo. I think it is in good taste and I hope he doesn't hate me someday for posting it. I am just so proud of all the weight he has gained recently. He really is getting quite chubby!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Who doesn't love a naked baby photo??? yours is much cuter than ours were-- we always had her on a changing pad :-)

Carrie said...

Leo sure is lucky his mommy is such a good photographer! Too cute! :-)