Monday, October 13, 2008

Ouch!


My poor sweet baby! Today Leo received 3 vaccination shots at his 6 month visit to the doctor. Daddy was able to accompany, so I was spared the pain of seeing Leo when the shots occurred. Leo has been mopey all day and is just not himself. He has wanted to nurse constantly and is more clingy than usual. It has been a day when we have actually been able to cuddle Leo...usually he is much too active to relax for a cuddle. As you can see though, he did manage to smile for me while I snapped these pics.

The visit went well and Leo now weighs 15 lbs., 1 oz. and is 26 inches long! He jumped to the 10% for weight (he had been closer to 5% before), and is slightly below average for length and average for head circumference. He has also been given the thumbs up to eat more than once a day and begin using a sippy cup! These are all such big steps and in a way, I am sad to see my little boy grow up so fast!

1 comment:

Marcie Willms said...

Leo is growing up to be a handsome boy, Shelly!!! I can't believe how much he's grown! His smiles are priceless and I am glad he is making so much progress!!