Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We've Got Smiles



Okay, I will freely admit that I am obsessed with taking pictures of Leo. Joe assures me that plenty of people check the blog, so I will just continue until told otherwise. Plus, now that Leo is smiling, I simply can't resist. Leo probably is confused by the fact that every time he is in a good mood his mommy runs away to retrieve a silver apparatus that she covers her face with (the camera). I have managed to capture a few goofy Leo smiles, so I am proud to post them.

Now that Leo is 1 day shy of 9 weeks, I feel we have turned a corner with his moodiness. He is now much easier to manage and seems to enjoy life more. Although he has his moments, he is so much calmer now. He does still manage to wake me up about 3 times a night and last night he proved to be exceptionally demanding. He woke every 2 hours or so and only nibbled before he would pass out again. Come on Leo...if you are going to wake up the whole family at 3 a.m., let's make it worth while. Even in these moments, when I see his chubby cheeks and bright eyes, I can't help but adore him.

I have been continuing to go to the new mom's group, which has been great. Although it feels like a monumental effort to pack-up and risk having a public meltdown (Leo, not me!), once I am in the company of other new moms, who are dealing with similar dilemmas, it all seems worth it.

No comments: