Saturday, May 24, 2008

8 Weeks Old



Yeah! Leo is 8 weeks old and his fussiness should be subsiding soon. Luckily for us, we get smiles everyday now, so one minute of smiles can erase many hours of fussiness. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that he is still fussy, but I do feel that each day gets a little easier. Joe and I joke that it's a good thing that he's so cute because that saves him. If he wasn't so unbelievably adorable, he might be in trouble!

Leo still wakes up about 3 times a night, so he is really trying to pack on the pounds. I am as sleep deprived as ever and since Leo usually rejects his bottle, I am his main feeder. For now, this arrangement is ok, and we are trying to give him his bottle daily, but since I am planning to work 3 days a week, he will need to ease up so that the nice ladies at Kindercare can feed him.

He is now between newborn and 0-3 month sized clothes. He has so many cute clothes in the 0-3 month group, so I am hoping he catches up quickly.

As you may have noticed, I write about almost nothing other than Leo. Well, he really is a full-time job and a second and third job at that, so for the time being he will be my main focus. It is true that I can't remember what life was like without Leo. He is so much a part of what we are and I can't imagine life without him. My priorities have definitely shifted as a mother and Joe's as a father. I am trying to let go of some of my type A personality traits...the house doesn't have to be immaculate, I don't have to go to the gym everyday, a nap is not a waste of time etc. Life with Leo is much slower paced and simpler. I am trying to soak it all in and savor these first few months.

No comments: