Saturday, October 2, 2010

12 days old

11 days old in this photo
Our living doll

Our Summer girl is so sweet and peaceful in this photo. She does sleep a ton, but prefers being held as she sleeps. I am enjoying the time I have to lavish her with attention, because I know once Joe goes to work, I will not have the freedom to hold her as much.

Unfortunately, I have been quite sick for 3 days now. I have 2 infections going on at once: a clogged duct and an infection around the incision site from the c-section. Sorry if this is too much info, but I want to document all events, even the unpleasant ones. I caught it early and am on antibiotics, so hopefully, I will be back to normal soon. In the meantime, I have been trying to take it easy, which is difficult for me. My main goal is to care for Somerset, and Joe has been taking care of Leo and household duties.

We are still feeling out Somerset's disposition. Night time has been rougher recently. Somerset has been more more demanding of mommy and daddy's cuddles and it is more difficult to get her to settle in her bassinet. We plan to try the co-sleeper tonight, That will give us more freedom and hopefully she will appreciate the closeness with us.

Leo has been waking up crying around 2:30 a.m. almost every night and since he is going through so many changes and I miss cuddling him, I allow him into our bed. This is only a temporary measure until he feels more secure. All in all though, he is doing great. He still adores his sister and even called her a princess this week!

No comments: