Friday, September 5, 2014

What a month it's been!

 












The long summer is finally over and I can relax a bit. School is in session, which is wonderful for everyone.

Leo started first grade and for the first time ever, he is in school for a full day. I have never been away from my son for so long, but I trust he is in good hands with Mrs. Juttelstad, his new teacher. As always, he has a positive attitude and has adjusted well his first week to full time school.

We decided to switch Somerset to St. Matthew's for preschool because they offered a 3 day program for kids who are aged older 3s and 4s....perfect! Plus her friends Maya and Ellie are in class with her, so she feels right at home. Her teacher, Miss Tania, is already very well loved by Somerset. Somerset had no years or apprehension her first day and she was confident and happy about her first 2 days. I am very proud of my big girl!

Our sweet Rosalie has been a dream. She is not a perfect baby, but so sweet and mild mannered in comparison to her feisty siblings. Her sleep seems to be improving with 1-2 wake-ups a night, but that could change. I have even started taken her out on runs with me and she likes the time in the stroller.She has fussy behavior between 5-8 p.m., but it is manageable. She is getting more independent and I can set her down alone for chunks of time while I attend to the house or the big kids.

Joe has been selling my soap at the farmer's markets for me with Leo. They are quite the team and I am so grateful. It has been a great bonding experience for them and Leo has become quite popular at the market for his charismatic personality.


No comments: