Sunday, July 13, 2014

3 Weeks Old




The good news is that I survived my first week with the three kids alone! Leo had a dinosaur camp with his friend Ryan last week and Amber took Leo to camp....yeah! That was a bog help. Also, we had three after camp play dates with Amber's 3 kids. We didn't get out much with the baby, but I am trying to take baby steps.

I wear Rosalie is the Ergo a lot, which allows me to do everything else I need to with chores and the big kids. She naps in the Ergo and I wear her about 6 hours a day. It has been a life save. We also bought an amazing swing called the Mamaroo that allows me about 30 minutes a day to get stuff done.

Also, the cloth diapering has gone really well. The washing doesn't bother me a bit and I LOVE the $ we are saving....I just wish I had a few more newborn diapers.

Rosalie is a dream. She is easy and doesn't fuss much. She has a pattern of sleeping, eating and staying alert for a bit before the cycle starts again. Joe captures the beginnings of smiles from her by singing lovingly to her. He has his special Rosalie song that he has composed for her and also sings Let it Go as well.

Rosalie has been waking up 1-2 times a night. Usually, I will feed her late, around 11 p.m., and then she will wake from about 3-4 a.m. and then again around 6:30-7 a.m. Is this really my daughter.

Rosalie is still very long and lean, but I think she is getting bigger, maybe around 7 pounds at 3 weeks. She is long and lean like a model. She has very little chunk to her, but I am sure that will change soon. She is very beautiful and we are so in love with her.

Leo and Somerset are adjusting well. Luckily for me, they enjoy time at home. They do fight, but they have been pretty manageable consider all the life changes.

We are taking time out, especially with Somerset, to make the big kids feel special. If I get out at all, I usually take 1 or both of the the big kids.

Somerset has been doing a lot of imaginary play. She loves to play with her ponies and spends hours upon hours fixing their hair. She loves her baby sister and always wants to take photos with her.

Somerset remains breathtakingly beautiful. I still can't handle how big her eyes are and how perfect her sweet face is. The splattering of freckles across her nose takes her cuteness to a whole new level.

Leo has really been well behaved and seems to be taking his role as the oldest child to heart. He is very helpful and is making us very proud parents.

We are so blessed. Being a mother of three has been a dream come true.

No comments: