Monday, January 10, 2011

Pretty darn lucky



Joe and I have felt pretty lucky recently. We have felt so happy and blessed to be mom and dad to 2 such great kids. The love we have for them can be so overwhelming. Although we have no time together as a married couple, we consider this a temporary sacrifice. Having 2 kids has been so much work, but it is worth the effort.

Somerset is on the verge of laughing. I may have had the official first laugh today, but without being 100% sure it was a genuine laugh, I will hold off on making this declaration. I had her on my knees and she was flying in the air Superman style. Her mouth was in an open mouthed smile and she was making joyful little noises. I can't wait until she laughs all the time.

Unfortunately, Leo is sick. He rarely gets sick, so this is a big deal. He woke up in the middle of the night and was burning up. Poor little dude has hardly complained a bit, but his decreased energy is a sure sign. I have to admit that I love all the cuddles and love I get when he slows down.

No comments: