Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!



Leo celebrated his first 4th of July in fine style at Aunt Tiffy and Uncle Martin's house. We shared a day of bbq with our parents and Leo was a champ. We ended the day with our bellies full of smores, which were delicious. I have a real weakness for smores, and this is unfortunate considering I can't seem to get rid of the last 10 pounds of pregnancy weight. I have started running again and am back up to 6 miles, but I just can't get rid of the extra flab...yuck! Despite the set back, the smores and all the other delicious bbq food was worth it!

Leo is now 14 weeks old and life keeps getting better and better. He has discovered how to self sooth using his hands and it is hilarious. He will try to stick both of his fists into his little mouth and consequently will create pools of slobber around him.

I also managed to get Joe to take a photo of me and Leo. Please take a moment and look at me and then look at Leo. This baby looks nothing like me!!! Don't get me wrong, I am perfectly content that Leo is Joe's mini-me. Both my husband and son are very handsome, so I couldn't be more pleased. Also, it seems increasingly apparent that Leo has beaten the genetic odds of having brown eyes in favor of his daddy's green eyes. Ahhh... and aren't they pretty?

2 comments:

Elite Garden Escapes said...

Shelly I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new haircut! It is so cute on you! Oh and Leo....what a CUTIE! He looks like a funny kid! Sure has "attitude" in those pictures!

Shelly Morris said...

Thanks cyndi...you're so sweet!