Wednesday, July 23, 2008

First Cold


On Saturday, not only did Leo have his first real giggle session (a much needed reward after the Mookie incident), but he also caught his first cold. I hate to admit it, but I most likely gave it to him, which breaks my heart. The previous week, I had a sore throat and general fatigue. It is now Wednesday, and Leo is still very stuffed up and has a cough. He also has had horrible nights and has been waking up every 1-2 hours. He is still in pretty good spirits though and I am trying to keep things very low key for him. As you can see in the photo above, Leo is not smiling. That is in part due to photo selection; I am trying to rally up some sympathy for the boy...hehe! Gosh, even when he isn't feeling well, he is the cutest thing ever!

On Sunday, we had our friends Mike and Angie and their daughter Aubrey over. We had a nice dinner in the backyard and since Joe and Mike couldn't attend the Portland International Beer Festival, they went to John's Market (which has hundreds of beers from all over the world), and had their own beer festival. We all had a great time and it was the perfect distraction after Mookie's passing.

On a side note, doesn't Aubrey have gorgeous hair? Why is hair like this wasted on the youth???

1 comment:

Where's Domo? said...

Beautiful photography!

I'd like to invite you to my blog. Hope to see you there.