Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I'm Back!







Oh holy heck! I can't believe I have been away for so long. I feel a tremendous amount of guilt for not keeping up with this blog, which is so important to me! Life happens though! In the meantime, Leo turned 5, Somerset became a little girl, Joe got a new job and I finally was able to quit Williams Sonoma to pursue my soap making dreams. Also, I will have more valuable time...for things like the blog!

Since Leo turned 5, he has become a chess player. He loves chess and is getting quite good. We take him to chess club every Monday and he is not only learning the game, but also good sportsmanship.

Leo also was in Little League this Spring. His team was the Indians, and even though he was a year younger than most of his tream mates, he did awesome. Not only did he demonstrate great athleticism, he was also an encouraging team player. He has a fantastic attitude that will take him far in life.

He continues to excel at Math. recently, he noticed that it was 10:47 a.m., He knew we were having lunch at 11:30 a.m., so he told me that lunch would be in 47 minutes. He is seriously, ridiculously smart!!!

He is excelling at Karate too. He is a model student and definitely the leader of his Tiny Tigers class. All the kids look up to him. He is a real leader. He just graduated to his purple belt.

Leo is still extremely loving towards us. He has gotten much easier as he matures, but we still struggle with him testing his boundaries. He wants to be a big kid so badly. When we go to a park, he wants to play with kids at least twice his age. He has very little interest in his peers, unless they are already friends. He does make friends easily. He is charming, charismatic,  funny and positive.

Somerset is sweet and loving. She plays with baby dolls and acts like she is me. She will have me ("Grandma"...yikes), babysit while she goes to work or shops. Oh boy! She is caught in the middle of wanting to be a big girl and wanting to be a baby. She likes to have me wrap her in a blanket and pretend like she is a baby. She acts sweet and docile as a baby, so I usually comply.

Somerset loves all things girly. She like brushing our hair, pretending like we are sick kitties that need to be taken care of, making soap like mommy.

She loves Strawberry Shortcake, Pinkalicous and My Little Ponies. Really, it is my dream come true after reading Star Wars books for years. I love it!

Somerset remains spunky. She likes to play with Leo's friends and feel included. They are usually very sweet to her. I know that she may be the annoying little sister right now, but some day, they will have crushes on her.

Somerset is just starting to play with other kids. Older girls really like her and take her under their wing. 

She is not taking to potty training as well as I had hoped. #2 is a constant issue, but we are in underwear and I refuse to go back to diapers. It is quite frustrating, but this is just a moment in time. 

She remains, in my opinion, the cutest little girl I have ever seen. She has a smattering of freckles on her nose now that just kill me and Joe. Just when we didn't think she could get cuter, the freckles appeared.

Joe started a new job on Con-Met in Vancouver, WA. After a year long job search and several job offers, he has found a happy home there. He is thrilled beyond belief and I am so happy for him. He LOVES his new job. What a relief.

I started really selling my soap. The business is slowly taking off. I sell at a shop, farmer's markets etc....but I have a blog for that, so enough about that.

We are really just loving the summer. I make sure the kids play as much as possible outside every day. We have so much rain here, that we really try to take advantage of the sun while it is here.

Really, we are just enjoying life. Things have been great and they just keep getting better. :-)

No comments: