Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas 2012









I love the holidays! Christmas is my favorite. We had a great one too, despite my CRAZY work hours! I survived another retail Christmas season.

The kids really got into Christmas too and were talking non-stop about Santa, gifts, stockings etc. In fact, the holiday was so built up that the kids had a meltdown during present opening. It was chaos to say the least, and next year, we will device a better plan with Santa to make sure things go smoother.

The kids were blessed by the generosity of family and Santa. Angry Birds building games (Star Wars) and Legos were Leo's 2 favs. Somerset loves her Disney Princess castle, tea set and Karaoke machine.

Joe and I were also bestowed with many thoughtful gifts mostly relating to our hobbies....soap and beer making. We are still loving being able to spend gift cards and money on our favorite past times.

Christmas Eve was spent and Tiffany and Martin's house enjoying a nice dinner followed by our Secret Santa gift exchange.

Christmas was spent at home, relaxing...I needed that! We also went the Portland's famous Peacock Lane at night. Peacock Lane is just a regular street in SE Portland, where the home owners all decorate their houses for Christmas elaborately. It is quite the sight and the kids loved it.

I am excited for 2013. 2012 has had it's ups and downs and I am ready for a fresh year. I am hoping that 2013 will be the best year yet. Happy New Year!!!!

No comments: