Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rest in Peace Grammy Irene

Grammy Irene at our wedding in 2004
Million Dollar Smile
No sibling rivalry here!
Already proud of her accomplishments!
The brew master
Joe's Grammy Irene passed away last night. Having always been a woman of strong faith, we know that she is in a happier place. She suffered with dementia the last few years of her life and was often confused and scared. It is a relief to know that she is free from this pain and is now with her loved ones of past.

The last time we saw Grammy Irene was in May of 2010. We went to visit Joe's parent's for Aaron's HS graduation and Grammy was there visiting as well. We are grateful that we had the chance to see her one last time.

On a happier note, Joe's little mini-me (Leo), and my little mini-me (Somerset), continue to be the best of buds. For the first time this week, the sibs engaged in a full-blown game and it was the cutest thing ever. Joe was giving Somerset a bath and Leo was watching. Leo set up the soap container on the edge of the bath tub and Somerset would knock it over. Leo would laugh and then Summy would laugh! They did this over and over again and every time, the kids would laugh hysterically. Joe and I couldn't believe the cuteness.

Somerset also finished her first full container of baby food...carrots. I then rewarded her with a few tiny bites of ice cream. Poor little thing seems to be teething like crazy, so I thought it might help her gums too.

I started going back to the gym in the morning last week. Somerset did great in childcare, and I am sure it really helps to that her grandma is there to watch her. I am easing Somerset into childcare by having her go for 30 minute increments before checking on her. She also went to the church nursery for the first time today and did great. The volunteers had been begging me to let her stay for a while now and since she is now over 6 months, I figured it was time.

Joe continues to brew beer and is completely obsessed! He is becoming quitw the expert and enjoys the process and the finished product.

No comments: