Thursday, April 21, 2011

7 Months Old


Dressed up for Date Night

I can't believe that my Summy bear is already 7 months old. This is going by way too fast!!! There is still a lot of babyhood and firsts to experience, but I already feel nostalgic about her earlier days. Somerset is now a confident sitter and she eats 1-2 times a day. She loves carrots, peaches, applesauce and bananas. She hates peas....who could blame her. She is also really enjoying visiting grandma at the gym and has all the little girls in love with her. She seems very entertained by just watching the other children play and doesn't give grandma (who runs the childcare department), a lick of trouble. She really is such a good natured baby. Even thought she is easy going, when she wants something, she is not passive. She has been this way since day one, and it makes me happy to know that she is determined.

Leo is really excited about the weather improving. He wants to be outside playing every chance he gets. He also asks a million questions about everything. He has been doing this for a while, but sometimes, he asks questions I don't know the answers to. Thank goodness for the internet to help me out. He's super excited for Easter, especially since it is a holiday that features so much candy. He has quite the sweet tooth.

Recently, Leo told Joe that he was, "falling in love with him." I love when Leo conveys a sweet sentiment, but is just a little off on how he expresses it. He is constantly saying, "I love Summy sooooo much." It melts my heart every time. She adores him too.

I have been working 2-3 shifts a week. It has been fun to get back into it and I am thrilled that Joe is now confident with both kids. What a good daddy!

I also have started getting some amazing bargains. I follow a site called Thrifty NW Moms, and the site explains how to combine coupons to get stuff for free. I only get the things we need and only take advantage of one item at a time. I think the extreme couponers who clear a store of an item are greedy. It's been a lot of fun though!

Joe and I went on a date! Joe won tickets to see Ellis Marsalis, who plays jazz piano. It's not our normal musical genre of choice, but it was fun to get dressed up and experience something different. I am so thankful that we have my mom around to help with babysitting. We had a great time!

No comments: