Friday, January 18, 2008

Horrible Virus


I got ill Tuesday night...really ill. I vomited all through the night and when there was nothing left to vomit, I started vomiting water. I won't get into all the gruesome details, but it didn't end there and I managed to lose 5 pounds in 2 days. Joe was all set to take me to either Urgent Care or my ObGyn's office (they are in the same building), but after calling my doctor's nurse, she said that it was best for me to stay home in bed and that staying hydrated was the most important thing for me. Also, she reassured us that the baby was protected from whatever was causing my ailment. I took 2 days off of work and am now starting to eat again, so this is all very good news. I have to admit that this is the worst I have ever remembered feeling and I am just thankful that I am on the road the recovery.

On another sad note, the ducks have moved on. It seems as though it may be too cold for the ducks to hang at the Morris Wildlife Preserve.....maybe they'll return next year.

No comments: