Thursday, August 30, 2012

Where did the Summer go?

 Olympic Fever...oh yah, that happened too!
Leo cheered for the Czech Republic...not sure why, but it was sweet.

 Summy after her bee sting

 Leo's old robot jammies!

 Longer hair!
 This is her "cheeeeeeese" face!
 Shopping?




It pains me that it has been so long since I have updated the blog. It is not for lack of care, but it is a sign of the times. Our family has been trying to make headway on some debt and as a consequence, I am working about 5 nights a week. This is tough, but the money helps. I feel that it is too much though and I need to taper back. My family is my life and I don't want to miss a single moment.

So much has happened!!! Leo got his yellow belt! We are so proud of him. He is the model Karate student and a shining star in his class. Many of the kids look up to him for his leadership qualities.

Leo is excited for preschool to start. It starts next week and I know he missed his buddies, especially Donovan, Adelaide and Hazel.

Leo continues to love all things boy. As I write this, he is playing with his Legos and pretending they are from Star Wars. He loves any electronic game, but he just likes games in general. 

Summy is talking up a storm. We can understand most of what she says and she uses simple sentences now, but mostly 1-2 phrases. She is sweet but determined and she does not like when I give Leo too much attention. This pains me and I tell her that I love Leo and I love to hug him too. I am so lucky that Leo has the type of personality he does. He is pretty easy going about letting her dominate the cuddles.

Summy got stung by a bee. She was in our playroom and I hear her scream. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, but then she got listless and super tired and I really freaked out. I tired calling Joe and then the doctor. I thought maybe she got shocked, but we ruled that out. Still not knowing what was wrong with her, I let her nap and kept a close eye on her. She had quite the temperature too. When she woke up, I was holding her and noticed her finger was red and swollen, so I deduced she was bit or stung by something. Joe confirmed it when he removed the stinger...my poor Somerset!

I can't believe how fast the kids are growing up. Leo is a full on boy. He would be ready for Kindergarten if we could send him and Somerset is no longer a baby. She is looking more mature everyday. I am happy and sad for all these changes. I love the children they are becoming, but am sad that I will never hold them as babies again. I do admit that it does get better and better though.

No comments: