Monday, April 2, 2012

My Amazing 4 Year Old

It all started here.


Million dollar smile

Protective big brother
Whoopie cushion fun. Always ready to laugh.

Oh Leo, How I love your birthdays. It gives me an opportunity to reflect on what an amazing person you are. Now that you are 4, you are more amazing than ever.

You have changed so much this year. You joined Karate, you started preschool, you learned so much! You have now grown into a mature, caring, and loving member of the family. Your tantrums are few and far between and you are so well behaved. How did this happen?

It is so easy for you to make friends. You are adored by all: younger kids, big kids, adults. You are charismatic and there is no denying that. You are social and fun and enjoy playing all the time. I have never met someone with so much energy and zest for life. You wake up happy and joyful and always take time to hug me and your sister.

Things you love:

- Legos (you fashion them into spaceships and blasters)
- Candy and anything sweet
- Phineas and Ferb. You have asked many times to be called Phineas
- The Phineas and Ferb soundtrack. We have listened to this CD too many times to count.
- Karate. You are about to earn your orange belt.
- Mommy's arms. You love to hold my arms, especially when we take naps together.
- Somerset. You are so very sweet to her.
- Daddy. Being silly with Daddy is one of your favorite things. You are all boy when you are around Daddy.
- Angry Birds. You play Angry Birds on Daddy's phone and are so advanced for your age.
- Games. You love Candyland and Chutes and Ladders and have played these games hundreds of times. You still don't like losing, but we are working on that. ;-)

I am so happy to have you in my life. I feel privileged and honored to be your mom. How did I get so lucky? What am amazing person God has given me and Daddy to raise. I believe that you can do anything you want in life! You have been given infectious energy that draws people to you, an unbelievable intellect, a great sense of humor and joy for life, a strong resilience against getting your feelings hurt, combined with a sensitivity towards others and of course a beautiful face. I love every once of your 32 pound being!!!

I love you Leo. The last 4 years have been the best of my life.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I got teary reading this! Happy birthday Leo and congrats to you and Joe for raising such a great person. :)