Monday, August 11, 2008

So Much Fun!



Leo is 4 and a half months old now and he is so much fun! His growth and development over the last month have been tremendous. His hand eye coordination has improved immensely and he is able to interact with us by talking, reaching, grabbing, etc. This might mean an end to jewelry wearing for the time being, as Leo has a very strong grasp.

Leo always wants to stand. This can be very tedious as a parent and makes getting anything done impossible. We decided to combat the situation by letting Leo test drive some walkers, jumparoos and exersaucers at Target and Babies R Us. In true Leo fashion, he gravitated towards the cheapest, most simplistic one (pictured above), and immediately he was mesmerized by all the entertainment it had to offer. Leo is still a bit too young and small for such toys. But he has strong determination to stand and explore and we figure it will be a wise investment. This may give me a chance to get a bit more done as well.

As you can see, Leo is also being groomed into a Steelers fan. Really, he doesn't have a choice being born Joe's son, but the Steelers are a great team, so there is no harm done in shaping his preferences. Joe is already looking forward to watching football in the fall with his right-hand man.

Leo and I are pretty much best friends. My favorite moments are when he grabs my face, "kisses" me and coos in my ear. He is such a sweet boy and I am so happy that he is content in my arms.

No comments: